Monday 22 August 2011

Time Out's 100 Best Comedy Movies

 

Julian Hall


Julian Hall is a freelance comedy writer and comedy critic for The Independent. His book ‘The Rough Guide to British Cult Comedy’ was published in October 2006.
 
5. Beverley Hills Cop (Martin Brest, 1984)
7. Strictly Ballroom (Baz Luhrmann, 1992)               
8. Pretty In Pink (Howard Deutch (1986)
9. Crimes and Misdemeanours (Woody Allen, 1989)               
10. Carry On Cleo (Gerald Thomas, 1964)               

I can watch ‘Groundhog Day’ over and over again, funnily enough. I especially like the scene where Phil backtracks on his dismissive attitude towards French poetry. I think he got it right first time myself, but I now grudgingly admit that there are lovely Ritas out there worth ‘selling out’ and getting happy for. In the spirit of hedging one’s bets I was also interested to hear that Nancy makes chipmunk noises when she gets real excited.

Full survey: http://www.timeout.com/london/feature/1502/100-best-comedy-movies-the-full-list

No comments:

Post a Comment